A dental implant is an artificial screw-shaped anchor for an artificial tooth or a dental work. Dental implants are meant for people who have lost a tooth or multiple teeth due to a disease, an injury, or some other reason. It is a screw that fuses with the jawbone. It is an artificial tooth root which is placed to hold a replaced tooth or a bridge.
Advantages Of Dental Implants
- When an artificial tooth is applied on the implants, it looks and feels just like your natural tooth.
- Because the artificial work feels like your natural teeth, you can eat and clean them like your natural teeth.
- As dental implants become a part of your mouth after fusing with the jawbone, you don’t feel any discomfort or pain like you do with dentures.
- With proper care and oral hygiene routine, dental implants can last for a lifetime.
- You don’t have to remove and put the dental work back in the mouth every time you have to eat, unlike dentures. Implants hold the dental work in place permanently.
What Is Involved In A Dental Implant Procedure?
During the initial evaluation, your dentist will do a full and thorough examination and take X rays to study your mouth’s and jawbone’s structure. The dentist will take your teeth impressions and bite models, which include your teeth, their type and the dental arrangement.
The Implant Treatment
The dental implant treatment includes removing the damaged tooth. The jawbone is prepared for surgery, that may involve bone grafting. Once the jawbone is healed, the implant is inserted. The jaw will be given time to heal, and then the surgeon places the abutment (the piece that screws into the implant). This abutment will be left to fuse with your jawbone and gum tissues for three to six months. The dentist will match the new tooth colour with your natural tooth colour. The new artificial tooth will be then attached to the abutment once it is healed. And with this, the procedure ends.
Dental Implants improves the ability to chew and eat too. If you have any questions related to this procedure or want to know dental implants are ideal for you, you can visit our dental clinic. We will help you with everything you must know about dental implants.
Comments are closed.